Pages

2/1/11

RÜFÜS

For some reason the only music I've been posting as of late has had some ties to Australia. Its a pure coincidence. Or its probably because that country has been pumping out some spectacular music in the past few years: The Presets, Cut Copy, Miami Horror, Midnight Juggernauts, DCUP, GLOVES, Das Moth, Damn Arms... to just name a few. Well, now you can add RÜFÜS to that illustrious list. RÜFÜS are three dudes from Sydney who have that unique Australian sound which I'm currently infatuated with.

Their tunes consist of a lo-fi groove generated by subtle beats, an alluring melody and dreamy vocals. Their vocals has a Presets sound to it especially when it reaches the falsetto like in Paris Collides (my fave). They recently released their first EP of their own label MONEKELEON but they have plans to release a club version of We Left with remixes from Go Go Bizkitt!, Brokeone, Symbolone, Beaumont, Springflower, Monseiur Adi, and Ride the Universe. A solid list of remixers so you know I'll be eagerly awaiting that release. Hopefully they'll release an album soon because I could use some more RÜFÜS in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment