Pages

10/31/10

Portland, I love you, and you'll never bring me down

Halloween is the weekend in Portland when all of the resident freaks get, well, freaky. It's an excuse to dress up, dance, have fun and go all out; and tonight there's a doozy of an event. Copy, Guidance Counselor and Pegasus Dream, will be throwing a Halloween party at the awesome new venue called The Waterheater. If you live in Portland, you shouldn't be anywhere other than here, if not, I'm sorry you're missing out on this. It's all ages, and there is a bar for those who are 21+. For everyone's enjoyment, I'm dishing out some tracks that only proves the talent and musicianship of these bands.

First up, we have a song off of Copy's immaculate new record Hard Dream. It's in the same spirit as his beats and keyboard driven music, but with a noticeable dark hue embedded in it. This song is called "I Didn't Know"

  Copy - I Didn't Know by JoalVC

This next song from Guidance Counselor is off of their new self-titled debut album, called "I Don't Wanna Speak." Its got a bratty, punk vibe to it that really, fucking, rocks.

  Guidance Counselor - I Don't Wanna Speak by JoalVC

And lastly, we have "It's Ill Eagle" from Pegasus Dream off of their debut album called Painting Pantheons. In what has been called an "Of Montreal-meets-Ratatat" sound, they flesh their songs with a psychedelic vibe.

  Pegasus Dream - Its Ill Eagle by JoalVC


DONT FORGET, tonight at 8pm, at The Waterheater (750 N. Fremont). Bring your costumes! Facebook event link is here

No comments:

Post a Comment