Pages

6/16/10

Australian Yacht House.....Take Me Away



I don't know about you but I didn't hear about Damn Arms until this year. If you haven't yet, now is the time. More after the jump.

I've been meaning to do a write up on the Melbourne based house artists for a while, so of course I happen to put it off till after the band breaks up. It's really unfortunate too, Damn Arms has a polished, dreamy "yacht house" sound that pairs wonderfully with beach days and sunburns. Though we are left with just a single titled "Destination," this song alone warrants a commemoration of the band. The song reminds me of "Digital Love" by Daft Punk but with a jazz flute riff that would make Jethro smile.

Damn Arms - Destination

Damn Arms - Destination (Cassian Remix)


luckily lead band member Yama Indra still makes awesome House remix jams under the moniker G.L.O.V.E.S. Check em out.

Miami Horror - Sometimes (G.L.O.V.E.S Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment